at EDUCAUSE in Boulder, CO
EDUCAUSE seeks qualified candidates for a Web Producer who will perform a critical role in ensuring our web properties are up-to-date, accurate, and visually compelling. The Producer will be instrumental in final assembly and production of content created by stakeholders throughout the organization.
The Producer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day creation and placement of visually engaging designs throughout the website — and for ensuring the site is lively, influential, and inline with audience expectations. The position demands strong creative abilities but values hybrid contributions that delve into aspects of journalism, marketing, and technology. Project work will vary and involves balancing competing priorities while multi-tasking a mix of highly collaborative/interdependent work and self-directed, independent responsibilities.
The Producer must enjoy working in a lively, fast-paced environment with short deadlines and changing priorities.
Applicants should be entrepreneurial, highly enthusiastic, extraordinarily creative, eager to innovate, and committed to quality.
- Creates, coordinates, and secures photos, illustrations, and info-graphics designed to augment website content provided by key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Assembles content and design so that it reflects the tone and tenor needed to engage divergent audiences, but also respects the brand identity and marketing imperatives of the organization as a whole.
- Ensures that online materials for key entry points represent the most current thinking, priorities, and projects — and present them in a compelling and visually engaging way.
- Proactively monitors the shelf-life of content and advises stakeholders when content may need review.
- Assists with selection, solicitation, and recommendation of content complementary to organizational goals.
- Maintains and reinforces opportunities for strengthening search engine optimization.
- Uses web analytics to identify trends, impact analysis, and outcome assessment.
- Thrives in an organization that both values both teamwork and self-directed activities.
- Updates documentation relating to process and location of media assets, use, and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years experience in a lead creative role
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders, content producers and web developers
- Strong portfolio of web design activity
- Mastery of Photoshop, Fireworks, or other design programs
- Ability to read/write hand-coded XHTML
- Comfortable in a matrix management environment
- Strong technical aptitude
- Understanding of contemporary web design trends and techniques including tableless design, CSS 3, browser compatibility, CSS Sprites
- Familiarity with PHP (and Drupal) a big plus
- Demonstrated understanding of web analytics
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines (508 and ADA)
- Familiarity with usability principles and search engine optimization
- Experience with Rich Media Integration
- Fluency with social software
- Excellent writing skills; marketing/media/journalism background a big plus
- Interest in Mobile Devices (iphones, etc)
- Interest in technology or education
EDUCAUSE (http://www.educause.edu) is a Boulder-based nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology. EDUCAUSE provides a casual work environment, offers an excellent salary and benefits package and is an EOE employer.
Please send your resume and electronic portfolio to email@example.com (please specify “Web Producer” in the e-mail subject line), or by mail to EDUCAUSE, Web Producer, 4772 Walnut St., Suite 206, Boulder, CO 80301-2538. This is an exempt, full time position. EDUCAUSE is an EOE employer.